Monday, February 7, 2011

Another New Year's Resolution Accomplished


I heard recently that most people give up their New Year's Resolutions by mid January.  In fact, the most depressing day of the year is January 24th, in part due to reality setting in that many New Year's goals have already been abandoned.  Really, there is actually a mathematical formula to calculate this.  So, I thought by stating them publicly, I would make sure I accomplished my goals and avoid depression.  

1) Start selling pics online - check
2) Build new web site - check
3) Do more photo shoots - check
4) Get new camera - well, we'll call this "in progress"

This pic is another from my photo shoot with Kaylin Johnson.  It is one of my favorites from the shoot.  I like photographs that have a bit of irony or juxtaposition in them.  You wouldn't normally see a beautiful woman dressed up hanging out in places built with rusted corrugated metal.  And yet, she looks like she has succumbed to her situation.  Another one of my goals is to not only do more photo shoots - I have two scheduled this month - but to make them more creative with story telling images.

I've added this and other pics of Kaylin to my new web sitewww.douggraybealphotography.com.  Be sure you turn up your speakers and watch all the slide shows before clicking on the next screen.  As always, please send me your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

have a thought? Leave a message...