Friday, February 4, 2011

Is This a Painting or a Picture?



Well, it is actually a painting that is made to look like a picture.  I went out last sunday with model Kaylin Johnson to do some urban style photographs.  We met downtown Austin at 7 AM last Sunday morning.  My plan was to use natural light and photograph her using all the unique buildings on 6th and S. Congress as a back drop.  There was only one problem....we had a rare day of rain that morning and there wasn't much light that early.  I had planned on renting a speedlight as a back up but the rental pace was out of them, so it was al-naturale (for lighting, anyway).  The first set of pics needed a lot of work to make them decent and this is what I came up with.  I kind of like it, even though it doesn't look natural.  Tell me what you think - good or bad.  www.douggraybealphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

have a thought? Leave a message...