Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year



This is my last posting of 2010.  This is different than the pic I posted on Facebook in fear of the Facebook censors.  I took this a few weeks ago in a photo shoot with model Jade Bryce.  Jade's career is taking off and you might even find her in Playboy, soon.  When she isn't modeling, she is an ambassador to a village in Africa where she has visited a couple of times and raises money and awareness.  Today, I'll be posting this and several pics from recent shoots on my website at www.douggraybealphotography.com.

Time to look back and say, "what a year".  For me, this was a year of transition.  For many reasons, I'm glad the year is over but as I look back, there was a lot of good that came out of it.  I started 2010 looking at photography as a fun hobby. By the end of the year, I was shooting models like Jade to build up a portfolio.  I now have a solid plan and clear direction with where I will take my photography.  In fact, in 2011 it will no longer be a hobby but a business.  I'll be making announcements over the next few months about launching a new web site where you can purchase fine art photography for calendars, cards, posters, prints and just about anything else you can think of that takes a picture.  I'll also be available for hire for portrait, glamour and boudoir photography.

This year certainly has been a journey.  With 10% unemployment and 2 wars that don't seem to end, it seems there isn't much to celebrate.  On the other hand, we can see these as challenges and overcome them.  I believe that makes us better than had we never had the challenges in the first place.  I know that if I become successful in photography, this past year would have been worth every amount of sacrifice.  That's why life is All About The Journey.

Happy New Year, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

have a thought? Leave a message...