Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Brothers




Yesterday, I began working on my goals for 2011.  I am going through hundreds, if not thousands, of pics and pulling out what I think are the best of my best.  I found a lot that I took 3, 4 and 5 years ago that I had ignored or forgotten about.  Some of them would be pretty good if they had a little work done in photoshop.  Others might be decent but still won't make the final cut.  I came across this pic and instantly decided to put it in today's blog.  I haven't done any work on this in photo shop yet, so it is a little bland, but I like the concept.  

For some reason, I like pics where people have their backs turned away from the camera.  It tells more of a story than if you're simply looking at the camera.  In this case, we see two boys looking out at the water but to me, this pic brings a lot of questions and a little mystery.  What are they talking about?  They see the boat in the water...are the dreaming together?  Or, are they so anxious to run around again that they don't really notice it and instead are plotting their next beach game? (Trust me, I know these boys, they're plotting something.)  It feels like we're able to catch a brief moment of their childhood that is a little more real than simply posing for the camera.

I'm excited for 2011.  I have lots of plans and dreams myself and am looking forward to sharing and blogging about them over the next several months.  There is a lot to do and no time to waste so stay tuned and enjoy the pics, add your comments and tell me what you like and don't like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

have a thought? Leave a message...