Monday, November 15, 2010

Commitments Help Make the Journey More Valuable




I hope everybody had a great weekend.  I spent a large part of mine making plans for my next couple of photo shoots.  I have two different models coming over in December along with 2 different make-up artists (or as we like to call them in the biz – MUA’s) in December.  I’m also headed to West Texas tomorrow on business and will have my camera with me so we should be seeing a lot of new pics coming soon. 

This pic is of Alex Vara, a model here in Austin.  Alex has modeled for countless photographers for commercial work and has appeared in the show Friday Night Lights.  I’m happy to say I have had the opportunity to shoot her twice.  You can find more pics of Alex and other models atwww.douggraybealphotography.com in the gallery under portraits and glamour.

Not a lot in my blog, today.   Life seems to be getting in the way this morning.   As I write this, I know I need to take my car in for an oil change, go to the gym and, oh yah, start working at the job that actually pays for my living.  Still, I didn’t want to ignore my blog.  I’ve made a commitment and need to stick to it. I like making commitments to myself.  It is a way to build character, accomplish goals and make sure that I’m not cheating myself on my journey.  It would be too easy to procrastinate.  But if I have a commitment, then I have to stick to it and the journey is more valuable in the long run.

I’ll have more stories from the road later this week.  In the meantime, enjoy your journey by going to an inspiring place, meeting some cool people or do some interesting things.  I’ll be doing all three this week and look forward to sharing it with you in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

have a thought? Leave a message...