Monday, November 29, 2010

Holiday Season Creates a Holiday Buzz




I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  I wanted to post one more photograph of Cadillac Ranch before I move on to other subjects.  All of the pics I’ve posted thus far have been close up shots.  I took this wide angle shot to show the entire area as well as the flat and desolate landscape of the Texas Panhandle.  I have now posted all of my recent pics in the gallery of my website at www.douggraybealphotography.com in the Texas section of inspiring places as well as glamour and portraits.  The one thing this picture doesn’t tell you is how cold it was.  People think Texas is always hot, but it was 39 degrees F and the wind was blowing 30 – 40 miles per hour.  I have no idea what the wind-chill factor was, but it was c-c-cold.

Christmas season is now upon us and everyone seems instantly busier.  People are busy getting Christmas trees, hanging lights, putting up decorations, baking Christmas cookies, going shopping and planning dinners and parties.  That’s a lot to add to anyone’s schedule and yet most people seem to go through these rituals every year.  Woody Allen said, “tradition is the illusion of permanence”.  Obviously, we’re trying to hold on to something by carrying out all of these traditions every year.

I know some people load themselves up to the point where they can’t handle it and become very stressed out.  Others tend to get depressed during the holidays.  I have heard that psychiatrists and counselors say that they have more business this time of year.  Most people, however, seem to get a buzz from all the energy created from everything going on.  I believe energy creates more energy – good or bad.  If you feel stressed out – slow down.  You don’t have to do carry on all these traditions.  You just don’t!  But if you are enjoying the holidays, then let’s keep it going.  Let’s see if we can make that holiday buzz a permanent thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

have a thought? Leave a message...