Monday, September 20, 2010

Cosmic Energy Vortexes - Sedona, Arizona



Energy vortexes.  Some people believe in them and some don’t. I’m in the middle on this one.  I have a few pics of Sedona, AZ in my photo gallery.  Looking back, I’m not sure why I don’t have more.  It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.  There is an endless amount of landscapes blended with quirky things to photograph.

This is the Bell Rock Vortex in Sedona.  The town is known for its cosmic energy and vortexes.  In fact, there are several vortexes around the area.  For those of you not in the know, a vortex is an energy point where various forms of energy leak out from the center of the earth.  Many people say they feel it when they are there.  Some use the vortexes for spiritual, physical and mental healing.  Others say the massive amount of energy can have a butterfly effect on events around the world and is so powerful that it can twist the trunks of trees.  For the record, there are trees with spiral twisted trunks all around the area.

I don’t know if I felt any cosmic energy when I left there, but standing on the edge looking out at the canyon walls lined with bright red rock and lush, green foliage left me feeling good.  That’s it -just plain good.  Sedona has become so popular for its energy that it is home to many world cosmic energy conferences and hundreds of psychics and spiritual healers.  In case that’s not your thing, it is also full of world class golf courses, resorts, hiking, rafting and great restaurants.  Pretty much, something for everyone.  And that is what I like about it.  Whatever your “thing” is, Sedona has it.  It’s a great place to spend a day, weekend or a lifetime. 

I think the energy comes from within.  By doing things that we like, we feel good.  When we feel good, we create positive energy.  I felt pretty good at Bell Rock, but with a view like that, who wouldn’t?

2 comments:

  1. Although the vortex idea is more of a metaphysical concept than a scientific fact, there is no doubt that countless visitors to Sedona are convinced there are unique energies in the area that stimulate creativity and spiritual growth.

    ilchi lee education

    ReplyDelete

have a thought? Leave a message...