Friday, September 10, 2010

She's Got Legs - San Fran is one of America's Best Cities




In honor of the tragedy that struck the Bay Area last night, my blog today is about one of my favorite cities of all time, San Francisco.  You’ll see several pics of San Fran on my web site and I’m sure I’ll add more over time.

I first started travelling there over 10 years ago on business.  I fell in love with the area on my first trip and have returned dozens of times – for work and fun.  It’s an inspiring place full of culture, diversity, and character. 

It would have been easy for me to post a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge….but everyone does that.  I think it is pretty easy to figure out what part of town I took this picture.  The funny thing is, I’ve been to Haight St. many times and never noticed these legs before.  Now I find out, they’re an often-photographed icon, as well.  I guess I was too busy looking around that I never looked up.  The legs belong to a clothing boutique on the first floor.

San Francisco is great for just about any lifestyle.  You can get up in the morning and go for a jog through Golden Gate Park and run the bridge.  Catch lunch in the Marina District.  Do some shopping at Union Square.  Tour anyone of the dozens of world-class museums in the afternoon.  Get a mojito in the Mission to hold you over before dinner, attend the opera at the Civic Center, have traditional Italian food for dinner on Columbus and then wrap up the evening at any number of night clubs in every neighborhood.  Or, you can just spend the day on the beach with a good book and call it a life.  Either way is fine.

People live in the Bay Area for good reason. I haven’t even mentioned a drive down the Coast or up to Napa or Sonoma Valley or east to Tahoe.  It is a place with endless opportunities.  I couldn’t imagine living in the Bay Area and never leaving the house.  After all, life is All About the Journey.  Best wishes to those in San Bruno. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have gotten opportunity to travel in your life. You take awsome pictures doug.

    -Chad T.

    ReplyDelete

have a thought? Leave a message...