Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cowboy in Texas Ghost Town



What’s a ghost town in Texas without a cowboy?  As you know, Saturday’s photo shoot was at the J. Lorraine Ghost town in Manor, Texas near Austin.  It was a fun workshop for photographers listening to lectures on how to use lighting in outdoor photography more effectively.  I think what made it more fun was spending the day with people who share the same hobby.  There is a good feeling you get when you spend your time with people that have the same passion as you.

I’ve had several hobbies over the years.  Some have come and gone but photography is here to stay.  As long as I have more to learn and can be challenged, I can’t see getting bored.  Someone once said to me, “you’re not growing if you’re always in your comfort zone. “  Getting out of the comfort zone is different for everyone.  For me, it is about taking on new challenges until I feel I have gotten as good as I can get at them. 

If you have been to my website, you know that I have only shot portraits of female models.  This photo shoot gave me the chance to shoot a male model.  To be honest, I wasn’t sure how that was going to go.  As a result, his pictures were some of the best I took this weekend.  Now, don’t get me wrong.  Shooting female models still has the advantage in my book.  But, at least, I can say that I have taken on another challenge outside of my comfort zone.  Eleanor Roosevelt said, “do something everyday that scares you” (sic).  In other words, go outside your comfort zone today and be challenged.  After all, life is all about the journey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

have a thought? Leave a message...