Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Color is Cause to Celebrate



I wanted to use this pic for my photo blog since tomorrow is the first day of Fall.  I’ve written about street performers before and I have to say, this guy must have a tough gig.  He’s a bubble maker.  That can’t be an easy way to make a living.  I like this photograph because of the way the rainbow umbrella and blue shirt stand out amongst the burnt orange, which dominates the picture.

You’ll find this pic on my website in the gallery of Inspiring Places.  It was taken in Seattle during the Fall of 2008 near Greenlake.  If you’re not from Seattle, Greenlake is a few miles from downtown and a gathering place for riding, running, blading, walking and definitely people watching.  And in the Fall, the maple trees are showing their color in full force, as you can see here.

Fall is a great time of year. Weekends are now consumed with football and we can almost smell pumpkin and caramel apples, which are right around d the corner.   In Austin, Texas, where I live, it is also a time to enjoy the outdoors again without suffocating from humidity and melting from heat.  We know that we now have 9 months of outdoor activities ahead of us.  In September, parents get a break as their kids go back to school, college students move out of their parent’s houses and start life as an adult, new shows come on TV and we have about 6 weeks before we have to succumb to over exposure of Christmas commercials.

No matter what part of the world you’re in, there are lots of reasons to celebrate Autumn.  My son, for example, already has his Halloween costume figured out.  Let’s enjoy it while it lasts because soon we’ll be consumed with holiday parties, Christmas shopping and family functions.  Since life is All About the Journey, I don’t want to overlook a colorful time of year.  Don’t worry, though, I’ll have plenty of great things to say about winter, too…as long as I can go skiing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

have a thought? Leave a message...