Friday, January 21, 2011

Reflections



Reflections has a double meaning in this pic. First, there is the beautifully scenic reflections of the trees and boat on the water and then there is the mom and two sons reflecting back out at the lake.  Not all of the pics I have make great pics to put up for sale but this is one of which many people can relate.  I think you can look at this pic and see yourself there as one of the people looking out.  There is a sense of serenity with the calm water that makes us feel good.  It is available for sale as a greeting card or print at Red Bubble.  http://www.redbubble.com/people/douggraybeal/portfolio/popular+art

I don 't do to much reflecting backwards, to be honest.  As I go through my pics, every single one of them (and I have thousands stored away) give me some memory.  Some are good and some I'd rather not remember.  Mostly good, though.  It is too easy to look back and think of mistakes or bad decisions or lack of decisions and missed opportunities.  But, I'm not sure that really gets us anywhere.  I'd rather look back quick, like looking at the sun or a woman's cleavage (hey, that's a Seinfeld joke, go with it), then think ahead.  Reflect long enough to remind yourself of the good memories and take a lesson away from the bad ones - then move on.  There is an old quote that, "a man is not old until regrets take place of his dreams".  Personally, I'd much rather dream than regret.  Onward, we march.

No comments:

Post a Comment

have a thought? Leave a message...