Friday, January 7, 2011

"What? This apple"



I'm still going through pics from years past and pulling out my top ones.  I've found pics that make good stock photos.  Pics that are good for my portfolio.  and a few that might be considered fine art, although I think I have room to improve, there.  Either way, I have a lot more than I thought.  Only some of these are on my web site (www.douggraybealphotography.com).  The rest will be showing up in a new form within a few months.  I'm even finding some pics that I had turned away before, but now that my photoshop skills have improved over the years, I'm pulling them back out and taking a second look.  That's where this pics comes in to play.

These are two female moose at an animal park in Sequim, WA (that's pronounced skwim, for you non-Washingtonians).  We visited this park 4 years ago,now, along with my sisters and their families.  All in, 14 of us rented a cabin near the water for a week, just a few miles outside of Olympic National Park.  In actuality, it turned out to be a mosquito infested rambler in a regular neighborhood, nowhere near water and about a half hour drive from Oly Park.  But, we still had a lot of fun that week.   This animal park has everything from bears to peacocks and, yes, moose.  As we drove through the park, this pair watched us like a couple of gang bangers waiting for you to get out of your car so they can help themselves to your tires.  There are even a lot of retired hollywood animals at this park.  It is a great place to visit if you've been to the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State.

Going through these pics is like a walk through memory lane for me.  How quickly things change.  How quickly our kids grow up.  What a difference a few years makes.  It has been a fun project but I'm looking forward to finishing and getting to my next phase - a new web site to sell my pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

have a thought? Leave a message...